Forest Memorial Gardens, Olympia; (also known as Forest, Mt. Tabor, Forest Tabor, Swantown). This old well kept cemetery began in April 1857. It is on land that was once part of the Head Donation Land Claim. This cemetery has changed hands many times, once belonging to the Whitworth family. It was first called Forest Cemetery. In 1912 it was sold and called Mt. Tabor Cemetery. In 1922 it was sold to St Paul's Lutheran church and called Forest Tabor Cemetery until the Tabor was dropped, and is now called Forest Memorial Gardens. There are many Pioneers and Indians buried here, as well as a Chinese section.
Transcribed for the Internet and submitted by Jerri McCoy March 28, 1998.
©1998 Olympia Genealogical Society
Both above notices must remain when copied or downloaded.
Forest Memorial Gardens Cemetery.
The cemetery was canvassed in 1975 and 1976.