Ruddell or Pioneer Cemetery, also known as Chambers Prairie or Woodlawn Cemetery, is located in the city of Lacey, at the intersection of Ruddell Road SE and Mullen Road SE. The Ruddell or Pioneer Cemetery was established about 1850 on donated land that was once part of the Stephen D. Ruddell Donation Land Claim. There were a few graves here before 1850. The iron fence and gate was donated by Mr. Gwin Hicks, an early State Printer. There are many unmarked graves here, and several graves of unknown persons.
Transcribed for the Internet and submitted by Jerri McCoy March 14, 1998.
©1998 Olympia Genealogical Society
Both above notices must remain when copied or downloaded.
Ruddell or Pioneer Cemetery.
The cemetery was canvassed in 1975.