In preparation for the 2020 Virtual Spring Seminar, OGS encourages you to do the following:
- Zoom app -- Download the free Zoom app to your desktop computer or laptop at https://zoom.us/download (Zoom Client for Meetings). We strongly recommend that you use a desktop computer, laptop, or iPad/tablet with a large screen for better viewing. If you will be using iPad or iPhone, download “Zoom Cloud Meetings” from the App Store. For Android devices, download the app from Google Play.
- Speakers/Headphones -- You must have speakers or headphones to hear the presenter.
- Webcam -- Not needed for the May 9 sessions.
- Microphone – If you have a microphone, it will be muted during the sessions. However, during the lunch break you will need a microphone if you would like to ask questions of the speaker, just like you could at an in-person event.
- If you haven’t used Zoom previously, after you download the app, maybe try it out by having a virtual visit with friends using Zoom!
- Spend some time familiarizing yourself the chat feature in Zoom; that is where you will post any questions during each session. The chat and microphone features will be reviewed prior to the start of the seminar. At the end of each presentation, Teresa will be happy to answer questions as time permits. You’ll be able to type in your questions in the chat box. Your questions will be asked and answered at the end of each presentation.
On Friday, May 8, 2020 you’ll receive another email from us with a detailed schedule for the four presentations on Saturday along with a Zoom link and a link to the syllabus for each of the four separate sessions (a total of (8) links). We recommend that participants download and print each syllabus in advance. The Zoom links will have an embedded password. The first Zoom session will open for attendees at 8:45 am. The last session will end at about 3:00 pm. There will be door prizes!
A friendly reminder:
The materials provided by Teresa S. McMillin, CG(r), including the syllabi, presentations, and resulting recordings, are copyrighted by the speaker. They are provided only to the paid attendees of the "Olympia Genealogical Society 2020 Virtual Spring Seminar". The recordings will be accessible for 30 days. Sharing or duplicating these materials in any way is expressly prohibited.
OGS 2020 Virtual Spring Seminar Ad Hoc Committee
Nancy Cordell, Kerry McHugh Upton, and Bob Monn